View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Lola'sMommy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn619 View Post
well, she is young.. 4 1/2 months.. and probably 4 lbs I'd say. My roommate did come home to let her out for about a half an hour at 11... but she must have peed on herself from 11:30 - 5:30. That's 6 hours.. maybe it is too long, but I'm not sure what else I can do....

My question is.. should I stick with this method even if she continues to pee in her crate, or should I try something else? Like a playpen with peepads in the corner?? I can't really afford one right now... but I'll do whatever I have to to make this work. I love my dog and I take good care of her.. I don't want to torture her, but people say you have to be firm and just do it. It still breaks my heart..
Hi Brooklyn! I'm so sorry! I have a 4 month old myself, and although I completely support crate training, I chose to use a playpen with a pee pad instead. I'm sure that's not the best training because they won't learn to hold it, but for me (and Lola), I just felt it was a better choice. I'm sure I'll regret it, because now she chooses to use the pee-pad rather than outside..GULP!

This little playpen has been my LIFESAVER...she also sleeps in here at night because I'm not going to let her sleep with me until she's fully potty trained.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...+play+n+go&N=2

I wish you all the best, because I KNOW how hard it is
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!