View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
biewerlover
YT Addict

Wow, I feel your pain. It is really hard because these dogs are so tiny and so sweet and can wrap their little hearts around you, however, the reality is as someone said, do you want this dog housetrained or are you ok with her hitting the peepad now and again? Its hard when we work all day, the reality is it might be too much for her to hold it that long. How small is your baby? My guy can hold it from 8am till 115p when I stop home but he is also almost 8lbs (7mos old). If your Yorkie is very small she might continue to pee in the crate until she is able to hold it longer. This is the hard part of the breed that people don't realize when they see how small and cute they are. Is there any way that you can take a few days off work and really work with the crate issue? Like put her in for say 1/2hr and leave the house, or stand outside the door and listen, and then let her out for 1/2hr etc. Leave some music on maybe when you leave. When Bentley first went in his crate when I went to work (even though the breeder said he was crate trained, which he might have been) he barked and howled (I listened outside the door). It killed me, but I left for work in hopes he quieted down. Now, he goes in the crate (not happily) but he doesn't bark and carry on and when I get home he doesn't bark he waits until I open the crate door (which I never do unless he IS quiet). You are right, just day 1, its going to take some major willpower and work, and I know when you have roomies it makes it doubly hard and stressful because you don't want your roomies getting angry about a whining dog etc. Hang in there..

Kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!