View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
Passionfruition
Proud of my Sully!
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
I just use swiffer sweeper mop that comes with it's own stuff. I haven't noticed any problems with Coco being high or anything..haha...it has no smell so she's not tempted to smell or lick. I work at Clorox and if you dilute most of our products they are safe (please don't take my word for it, my boss told me this when I got Coco). Research it.
My neighbor told me that Swiffer Wet is really deadly to small dogs. So...I looked it up and did the research...and found that is a rumor and is completely false!
(Click here to read about this email rumor.)

Here is some transcript from the site...

Procter & Gamble, the makers of the Swiffer line of cleaning products, insist that their product is safe for pets in their "Swiffer Q&A."

"Question: Is Swiffer safe for animals? What if my pet licks the floor?

"Answer: Great news for you and your pets! Swiffer Wet and Swiffer WetJet are specially designed to not leave a residue on the floor, so there's no need to rinse. We suggest you make sure the floor is completely dry before letting your pet walk on it, though, because wet floors can be slippery. Since there isn't a residue, there are no problems if your pet licks the floor.

"No more worrying about the owner of those muddy paw prints. You can enjoy the convenience of our Swiffer products without any worries for your pet's safety."

Furthermore, they specifically address this rumor:

"Let us assure you, this rumor is completely false. Our Wet cloths and WetJet liquid solution cleaners do not contain antifreeze or any ingredient similar to it.

"We have pets too and their health is very important to us. All our products have been evaluated by internal and external veterinarians and scientists, and Swiffer WetJet and Swiffer Wet cloths are safe to use around pets.

"We hope you’ll help us put an end to this rumor by letting others know the truth."
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!