View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatodd View Post
wowow they do look big. i am so glad everything is ok. congrats on the babies. i am sorry she was spayed.
just for learning informational purposes, can you tell us what made you think she needed to go to the vets for the c section? was she in distress ?
she was not in distress. I WAS!!!!!!!!!! She hadn't eaten for days Lisa and i had been forcefedding her for a couple of days. i got in from a family emergency at three this morning and she was standing up and more alert than she had been in dayss. she kept digging all night. i never did go to sleep. I checked her first thing this morning and she was fine, then after I had a couple cups of coffee, I walked in to look at her again and she had a tiny bulge. i told my hubby to come check her and the buldge was a little larger. still no distress, no panting or anything. He was so worried, he told me to head to the vet with her so he called while I dressed and they said to bring her in because we already knew she might have to have a section. I put her butt toward me in the van so I could watch her and drove 68 miles an hour. She threw her head back three times in a fifteen minute period. By the time I got to the vet about twenty minutes, the bulge was the size of my hand. Water did not break or anything. vet took one look and said we need a section so off he took her. i am happy to say that since she woke up, she has been eating like a pig. Well, all I will let her have. The puppy that was in the canal and buldging is the one that had the trouble breathing on it's own. had I not gotten to the vet when I did, the puppy would have died and possibly, also my bitch. I was at the vet thirty minutes after I saw the first tiny buldge. I had already decided on the spay because this has been a very troublesome pregnancy for me.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!