View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
Miko's incision did not look like that, but maybe different vets do their sutures differently? Maybe it's because the pictures are a bit blurry, but it looks like they didn't suture it very tighly. It doesn't look closed to me. Miko has had that surgery twice in 2 yrs, and his stitches didn't look like that. They were much tighter. Is he bleeding out of it or anything? I didn't bathe Miko at all until he had his stitches removed. But starting the day after surgery, my husband and I cleaned the area around the incision at least 2x per day everyday until he got his stitches removed. And we just used a wet washcloth to kind of wipe the rest of his body clean. Poor Mickey must be in so much pain. After Miko's 2nd surgery, the one he had recently, Miko wouldn't even walk on his own very much at first. And one time, he had an accident and peed on his bed while he was sleeping, and that had never happened before. The first few days are the toughest, but I know Mickey will be okay. How's he feeling? Has he eaten anything yet? Still praying for him!!
Yes its very lose in a few spots and looks like you can just lift the flap of it up, and almost see under it, yet in other spots it looks like its been pulled way to tight and gathered in a bunch.
No he has not touched any food and Im still syringing the water into him. hes been setting up most of the day. just setting there crying,and falling asleep like that, hubby layed him down and hes out of it now. Im hoping he wakes up in a few and wants to eat. this is now day 3 with out food.and he still hasent peed. I was going to wash his incision but use a light spray bottle with warm soapy water and then one with clean clear water and then the proxcide after its been cleaned but wont do this until tomorrow night.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!