View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Miko's incision did not look like that, but maybe different vets do their sutures differently? Maybe it's because the pictures are a bit blurry, but it looks like they didn't suture it very tighly. It doesn't look closed to me. Miko has had that surgery twice in 2 yrs, and his stitches didn't look like that. They were much tighter. Is he bleeding out of it or anything? I didn't bathe Miko at all until he had his stitches removed. But starting the day after surgery, my husband and I cleaned the area around the incision at least 2x per day everyday until he got his stitches removed. And we just used a wet washcloth to kind of wipe the rest of his body clean. Poor Mickey must be in so much pain. After Miko's 2nd surgery, the one he had recently, Miko wouldn't even walk on his own very much at first. And one time, he had an accident and peed on his bed while he was sleeping, and that had never happened before. The first few days are the toughest, but I know Mickey will be okay. How's he feeling? Has he eaten anything yet? Still praying for him!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!