View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #13
Brodeesmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Yorkie mom

I thought I was having trouble 'til I found this site! LOL, Seriously, my Brodee is 12 weeks and he settled into a routine (@ night) after the first week (we brought him home when he was 7 weeks) . He now sleeps in his crate from 10:00 pm until 7 or 8 am with no accidents and no crying or barking at all . Occassionally, in the morning he will wake us up, but it's very expected. We are thrilled with that part, but I have to watch him like a hawk or he will go wherever he is during the day. I keep him crated when he is not being attended too and I bought a yard stake so I can leave him inside our fenced yard and right outside our french doors at times that I don't want to "stick him back in the crate". He has become my baby and I take him everywhere with me (got kicked out of Target last week ) I just want to do this right and with my home based business, I am able to be with him, but I don't know if it is his age or breed, but I don't think he's getting it yet. And I can't leave him out late afternoons on, because there is a huge owl swooping around our yard while he's out. I would appreciate any help, I have read a lot and am really trying but, I'm just not sure what else to do. He is already 4 1/2 lbs at 3 months.....when do they reach maturity in weight? Somewhere I read to calculate their weight by two at 12 weeks to estimate maturity weight, has any one else heard that? I never thought I would spend this much on a pet, time, money, effort and love, but I wouldn't have it any other way now!

Brodeesmom aka/
Treasuredimpressionsbysherri.net
Brodeesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!