View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
Monday
AND Friday also!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc View Post
Curacao!

I returned from there about 6 weeks ago and it was amazing. It wasn't very touristy (most of the tourists we encoutered were from the Netherlands) and there wasn't a lot to do at night (I'm not sure how into that you are). ALL the stores closed at 5 or so, so that was kind of annoying, but after the first night we learned to work around it and it was amazing. Some bars and restaurants were open, but not a ton.

The food was amazing and the beaches were awesome. We stayed at the Hilton (which overall was nice, although we did have to switch rooms THREE times) and the beaches were amazing. You could just go out a few feet in the water and snorkel. Also, there were lots of activies to do.. we did horseback riding, scuba diving at the aquarium (AMAZING.. we swam and got to feed string rays, fish, sharks, and sea turtles), and a few other things.

I would definitely recommend it! I would love to go back myself.
I was at the Hilton with my parents when I was a kid. I had a broken leg, but still had fun. The staff was fantastic and there were things to do at night. I went back there for my honeymoon and found it to be just as enchanting.

Going into "town" was like stepping into Holland ... and by the time I had returned on my honeymoon (I stayed at the Hilton again) the bridge was built but taking the floating bridge was so fun ...

you can also 'hop' over to Bonaire for a day. You might wanna 'hop' and stay a few days in Aruba ... a lot of people are boycotting Aruba lately due to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway a few years ago. but itz a pretty island ...

Oh, and there is gambling on Aruba and Curacao..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!