View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 04:00 AM   #4
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
Once in a while, we forget to bring water ...... but just wondering if panting can be really harmful for our Yorkies or not... Any opinions? Thanks!
I don't know how harmful the panting is ... but ... when Toto is hot, excited or upset she pants hard and her little tongue curls up all the way to her nose!! We always have water available for her ... I feel that it was more harmful for her to be thirsty than to be hungry [like Porky is EVER really hungry ... sure!]. I keep a small bottle of spring water in her bag at all times and she can even drink straight from the bottle if a bowl isn't handy!! Traveling so much we have found that lots of cities have really nasty water so we have always made it a practice to only drink bottled spring water that we are familiar with [keep a case in the truck/car] and when we got Toto we started giving her only water that we drink! It's been quite a while since we have gotten sick because of yucky water!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!