View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #25
ACTRESS
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I did 2 bile acids tests and they both showed an elevated post meal. I had an ultrasound done & no shunt seen. After countless vomit & diarrhea episodes I felt I had no other option but to get a biopsy or perform the surgery for a shunt. When they went in, they did not see a shunt but did get a biopsy. I am waiting for the results. I did those tests because I did not want to open her up. I also was fearful of the anesthesia. Thank the Lord that she survived that. Now, she has a huge incision. One that was 2 1/2 times bigger than her spay. I feel badly about it. I have spent close to $4000 so far. I am more concerned about getting her better. I brought her home today & she is whimpering. I gave her nausua medicine & pain medicine as prescribed. My heart is in agony. I have been so emotional about this. Crying like you wouldn't believe. I saw a post about Giardia. I need more info on it. I live in Scottsdale & it may be possible that she may have sniffed some bird poopie & caught a virus. I am calling the vet tomorrow to ask about this. Please..... everyone... keep us in your prayers.
ACTRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!