View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Default Breeding and Mentors

I know that people here say that if you want to start breeding, you should find a mentor in your area. I tried doing that. Once breeders found out that I wanted to get into the business, they stopped returning my phone calls and the ones that did return calls avoided all talks of breeding and didn't want to share any information. It seems to be a very cut-throat business.

I've learned much information here on YT. There are years of breeding experience here. If you also feel that you can't find a mentor in your area to help you get started, find the breeders here on YT. I'm sure that they won't keep information from you.

Also, I've been in the process of getting another male. Since I've learned the hard way how the business works here, I cannot even tell her why I want a certain type male with certain face and body structure. It's really sad. I have a couple of friends that are new in the business, too. We usually stick together but one friend has gotten to know a couple of breeders on a personal level so she gives the information back to us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!