View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg HELP!!! Willow Had Her Surgery And I Have A Lot Of Questions!!!

Willow had surgery on Monday to have her plate and screws removed from her leg that had been broken. She did so well under anesthesia that they decided to go ahead and spay her. I got to bring her home on Tuesday afternoon and she has a cast on her leg this time that she will have for 10 days then go back and have her stitches out and have another cast for 10 days and then have an ace bandage for another 10 days and have that changed and have another ace bandage for the remaining 10 days after that. Forty days and we are done!! Woopee!!! Since she came home she has really only been eating chicken baby food and a little soft food. So far two jars of chicken baby food and a little soft food and I have been pouring water in the soft food and mixing it up real good so she gets enough liquid. We haven't seen too much pee yet . . . but a few times. No poop yet. Is that because this diet is so soft? When do you think I will be seeing some poop here? She had a lot of poop right before I took her on Monday morning. She may have had some when she was at the hospital that I don't know about.

So I need to know. When am I going to see poop? And can someone tell me about this cast on her leg. I am supposed to reach in and touch her toes to make sure they are warm? I am supposed to smell the cast for infection? She only has two incisions of one inch each this time with only two stitches. That should be okay. The last time she had a four inch incision and a lot of stitches and we managed to keep it dry and it healed up perfectly. Do I need to make her wear the cone? She is not trying to eat her stitches in her tummy. What do I need to know about her spay surgery? Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

Last edited by BellaWillow; 04-19-2007 at 04:22 AM.
BellaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!