Thread: $431.13??!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
itsrox
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
My 1st appointment when Rhapsody got home was with Banfield. They charged me $150.00 for 2nd round of shots, and to examine her. Needless to say, I felt this was ridiculous!!

The vet we use now is where I took Tiger for the 1st time, he charged me $30.00 for his 3rd round of shots, and he examined him for his health check (to make sure he was healthy since I'd just gotten him from his breeder).

Huge difference, now I know we got lucky with our vet, but when I called around Banfield was hands down the most expensive, and I mean way out of the ballpark. Call around!!!!! Banfield really pushes their doggie insurance, I think this might be why they are so expensive.

Good Luck!
You are right, they do push their insurance. But I've heard horror stories about that insurance too. I am getting increasingly mad about this. I know I have paid way too much so far: $80 first visit checkup, $150 second shots, $125 third shots, $90 fourth shots (they had to break them up because she was getting sick from the shots). She broke her leg and that was a whole bunch of money that my friend paid (her husband dropped her), but I paid $250 for her last leg xray to see if she was okay. Now they want almost 500 bucks more.

Looks like I'm shopping around for a good vet with not as much overhead. Maybe that will make the difference.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!