View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
Chato's Mama
Senior Yorkie Talker

I just came to this topic. Chato also had the liver shunt surgery and we did not pay more than 1500 dls. An ultrasound will not confirm the shunt. If he has one he needs to get a test called centigraphy where they inject some dyes in his system that fluoresce the shunt in the liver. I took my baby to the University of Tenesee where they invented the constrictor ring that closes the shunt. I will strongly suggest you to go to that clinic. I know you are far away but I think it worth. I would make myself more sure that is a liver shunt so that you can take that trip to TN. You will require a whole 4 days. Usually the centigraphy tests take one day since they put them on anesthesia. If they confirm the shunt they go to surgery the next day and the next day they spend it in Intensive care. then next day they get released. Here are all the doctors that are in the liver shunt research and this are the ones that came up the the cure for liver shunt. If you need more info let me know. CHato needs to be checked for bile acids in 2 months. I still feed him LD and lactulose after each meal.

Good luck!

Eri
Chato's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!