View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Lightbulb Chelsea Nimar/Mayfair

Wnalegria is exactly right on the history and type of Chesea Nimar. Wow, what great confirmmation and faces they had. This is what lines I had along with of course Mayfair and Yorkboro. You can always correct the color of coat on a next litter, but you have to get a great body - very sound! You mess up here and it will take a long time to correct. This is just from what I have observed and from many expert advice.And these lines had great confirmation. I have seen these dogs in action and they are wonderful. What nice dead-level toplines! I would love to have a yorkie from that line again to show. They are so cute and looks to die for! Chelsea Nimar did come from the Mayfair line. Ann Seranne has a great book I totally recommend, The Joy of Breeding Your Own Show Dog." Great advice and tons of help. There are a few pedigrees and photos within the book. If you are breeding this is a must for reading. I used it all the time before when I showed and breed and even when I had a litter I had to tube feed - years ago. She also explaines about genetics - a must to know before anyone breeds. Ann Seranne also wrote for the American Kennel Gazette monthly for their department in Pure-Bred Dogs, and for NBC - Readers Digest, as well as an author of many cookbooks. She along with Barbara Wolferman has owned 62 Yorkie champions - 6 were Multiple BIS winners. I value their expertise and love they had in breeding/showing.
topknot
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!