View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
yorkieowner
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help!! Keeping us up at night

Hello everyone,
I hope all you yorkie lovers can help me, as I have a very large problem with my Yorkie.
He has taken upon himself to keep me and my family awake by barking at either 3.00 am, 5.00 a.m and 7.00 a.m in the morning.
When I say barking, I mean it starts off as a whimpering then it gets louder and louder until someone gets up and tells him to stop it.
I am at my wits end with this, as my family are listening for the whimpering and it's not getting any better as we are losing sleep.
To add to all of this he has started scratching the door to where the living room is and there are claw marks on it now.
What I don't understand is that our dog (which we all love to bits) is nearing his 13th birthday this year and I think it could be due to dementure as he has started barking at things which aren't there.
We have spoken to the vet and he has given him tablets (at a cost of 40 pounds per session), but this does not seem to make him any better.
Can anyone out there advise me as to what to do about this, as like I have said, me and my family cannot get a good nights sleep due to this.

Here's hoping.

Yorkie owner.
yorkieowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!