View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Lightbulb Chelsea Nimar Bloodlines

Folks Chelsea Nimar is a bloodline from Dallas Texas. The line was established by Nina Mcintire - The Chelsea was her daughter and the Nimar is her name abbreviated. This is line from the 70's and 80's. Nina no longer breeds.

Her line is based upon the Mayfair-Barban line.

Mayfair was established in 1960 in by Miss Ann Seranne. Miss Barbara Wolferman joined in 1966.. The joint venture was named Marfiar- Barban.
Their kennel was located in the Pocono Mountains. One of thier foundation breeding males was homebred Ch. Mayfair Barban Loup de Mer- 3 BIS ,33 Group wins. Another Of their Ch. was Am. and Can Ch. Gaytonglen Teddy of Mayfair 4 BIS, 26 Toy group wins and as of 1975 sire of 22 Champions.

In the Mid 70's early 80's this kennel was one of the prime contendors for Top Show Honors Winning kennel in the United States.

If you read the Yorkshire Terriers Champions book from 1952-1980 and 1981-1986 you will see that Chelsea Nimar had an impressive show record of both their sires and dam's producing Champion get.

I have two litters due this summer out of my private stock that have the chelsea Nimar as close as the second generation. This means grandpa was bred by Nina of Chelsea Nimar. My Rowdy that I offered for outside stud has Chelsea Nimar in his bloodline. Buster who I am showing also has the Chelsea Nimar. I have three gal's with the Chelsea Nimar. One of my older females of the bloodline was bred today to Rowdy.

Chelsea Nimar was known for thier Bright Clear Gold. They had fantastic conformation with great movement. Their blue was a true steel blue- not too dark and not too light. Tiny faces with button noses and great ear carriage.
Size was between 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds. My Buster looks very much like his ancestors. That why I keep this bloodline and will not let it die. Not many puppies go BOB from the puppy class over adult dogs and we have done that in his third show.

Wnalegria

WNALEGRIA
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!