View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
natalie
Owned by Fred

Exclamation Money Laundering Scam

I'm not a breeder or anything, but I decided to find some information. So I Googled it!
I came up with this. It's a money laundering scam.

Quote:
Our friend (who breeds Shepherds) was recently contacted by TWO men (separately) through deaf relay services about purchasing Puppies. Both requested business be done through email. As her service is down, I have been taking care of her email business. One man posed as a retired United Nations Staff, wanting a pup for companion. He had very specific instruction about sending a money order, which should immediately be cashed, and the overpaymednt sent immediately via Western Union in YOUR name to his "London representative" who handles his "consignments" worldwide. (He offers $50 extra for you trouble.) He then states their regional rep will contact to make documantation and pick up arrangements. Everything SEEMED kosher, until he put off giving a VET reference, which we both require. He said he would let us know teh Vet info as soon as he recieved delivery. RED FLAG!!!!!

I 'GOOGLED" his name, and UN, giving the benefit of the doubt. Nothing!!
In fact, the address he gave was ficticious, and his name is not registered anywhere in Illinois, where he said he was.

I did, however, have information pop up on an AUSTRALIAN Dog breeders website forum, where MANY postings warned of this man and the scam.
Apparently, he sends a LOT of extra money, you endorse and cash in your name, send out via Western Union, and your payment is immediately cancelled, leaving you responsible for the entire amount when it's tracked down. OUCH!!!

I am posting his name(s) and known emails here in case anyone else "googles" AND MAY HOPEFULLY BE FORWARNED!!!!
hE GOES BY THE (ficticious) names Julian Fisk, and Julian Fiskk. His emails are julianfisk@yahoo.com, julianfiskk@hotmails.com, and julianshomes@hotmail.com.

He sends out mass emailings to breeders and advertisers of pups. Deaf relay services ensure the call cannot be traced without difficulty.

And guess what??!!! We recieved an email from the SECOND man, EXACTLY like the first.
In fact, some checking has proven it to be the SAME MAN!!!! Ray Wilson, or Raymond Wilson, ray4wilson@yahoo.com.

ALSO ... REPORTS OF SPYWARE ATTACKS WITH THIS SCAM!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!
natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!