View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 AM   #35
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Default same thing happened to us!

it may be parasites .... but ...

OMG! What you are describing is EXACTLY like what happened with my puppy .. he had diarrhea for a month, while on meds poopies were fine, once off the day or couple of days after, back to soft poo and diarrhea. He was given meds for coccidia, giardia, and other parasites.

So eventually our vet put us on a 4 week cycle of meds, every week we would come back for a fresh bottle of anitbiotics (since antibiotics do have an expriation date), this was done to be sure to get EVERYTHING, at least try to everything, instead of waiting for it to occur. So maybe he will need a longer term treatment, b/c the parasites are hard to get rid b/c some maybe dormat or have eggs that hatch after the meds are done. My dog is STILL on i/d, anything else so far has been to much for his stomach... but i am trying to find better dog food for dogs with sensitive stomaches. but after that month of straight antibiotic (every day twice a day) he's been sooo SO much better.

Do you notice anything else weird other than the poop? Is he lethargic? B/c the bloody poo maybe a sign of parvo. We had to take a test to rule that out.

Sorry that was so long, but that's what we experienced .. hopefully it helps a little.

Camly
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!