View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #8
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4me View Post
First of all, my life is not contained within the posts here. You do not know what all I have done. My vet told me when we got our first yorkie that he would be happy to see little ones and would guide me along the way. He thought the bumps may have been an infection because I had not seen them mate. I went back two days later and he found a significant weight gain and xrayed her and said it is too early to clearly tell but it looks like she may be pregnant and the bumps are her mammary glands preparing for the birth. He is very excited for us. He told me I could call him anytime with questions but I want to read about it myself. Never did my vet tell me along the way that there would be anything to worry about. He said that their sizes are fine for breeding. If I thought I needed to do more, I would have. I will follow my vet's advice.
Now, please contribute to the health of my dogs not the character assassination of their owner.
No, I don't know "what all you've done," but if you are on a web site with "so many questions" and looking for "breed specific" information, something indicates you haven't "done" enough. Again, these are things you should be well informed of BEFORE you breed.

Maybe your "vet" should have started by informing you that your dogs are a bit on the young side for breeding to begin with--1 yr old female and 6 month old male, correct? At these ages, your dogs are not mature enough for you to even be able to deduct that they are of the quality that should be bred. ?But I'm sure your "vet" knew that, right? I'm sure that aside from the veterinary aspect, he/she is also an expert on the specifics of the Yorkie breed, right? And you recieved his/her guidance in examining the peidgree and geneological makeup of the dogs and those they descended from, right? Glad he told you they were a good "size"--to bad there is much more involved than that. Most respected breeders agree with that.

You want me to simply contribute to the health of your dogs? Fine: Have your female spayed. THAT would be in HER best interest.

Last edited by BamaFan121s; 04-06-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!