View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
2cute4me
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
At the risk of getting flamed...
Yes, you ARE a breeder. You put 2 dogs together resulting in a possible pregnancy. You are a breeder in every sense of the word.
Your female was under veterinary care last week for an infection, was she not? Did the vet recognize any signs that she may be carrying then, or has she been bred since the visit?
I would only HOPE that you realize and are prepared for the dangers than can be invovled in breeding a female (and male) even when you are experienced, much less when you are not? I see from your past posts that you PLANNED on breeding your girl. WHY would you do that without researching, having resources and info specific to yorkies FIRST!? This is your dog's LIFE you are playing with here!
I know this is not the kind of response you asked for and I realize I'm probably going to get slammed for it, and that is fine. For the life of me though, I don't know how anyone can defend this and see it as acceptable.
First of all, my life is not contained within the posts here. You do not know what all I have done. My vet told me when we got our first yorkie that he would be happy to see little ones and would guide me along the way. He thought the bumps may have been an infection because I had not seen them mate. I went back two days later and he found a significant weight gain and xrayed her and said it is too early to clearly tell but it looks like she may be pregnant and the bumps are her mammary glands preparing for the birth. He is very excited for us. He told me I could call him anytime with questions but I want to read about it myself. Never did my vet tell me along the way that there would be anything to worry about. He said that their sizes are fine for breeding. If I thought I needed to do more, I would have. I will follow my vet's advice.
Now, please contribute to the health of my dogs not the character assassination of their owner.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!