View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4me View Post
I am looking for recommendations of good resources on yorkie pregnancy. We are not breeders but have just found out that our furbaby may be pregnant. I have so many questions and would greatly appreciate info specific to yorkies if possible. We are excited to expand our furry family!
At the risk of getting flamed...
Yes, you ARE a breeder. You put 2 dogs together resulting in a possible pregnancy. You are a breeder in every sense of the word.
Your female was under veterinary care last week for an infection, was she not? Did the vet recognize any signs that she may be carrying then, or has she been bred since the visit?
I would only HOPE that you realize and are prepared for the dangers than can be invovled in breeding a female (and male) even when you are experienced, much less when you are not? I see from your past posts that you PLANNED on breeding your girl. WHY would you do that without researching, having resources and info specific to yorkies FIRST!? This is your dog's LIFE you are playing with here!
I know this is not the kind of response you asked for and I realize I'm probably going to get slammed for it, and that is fine. For the life of me though, I don't know how anyone can defend this and see it as acceptable.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!