View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #7
Sherryabear
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Anna, here is where I got the bells:

http://www.poochie-pets.net/

If you search on YT for bells..you will find plenty of members here that have made their own.
I have only started training Gordon with the bells.....at this point. I tell him potty when I try to get him to ring the bells. After he rings the bell.....and he only does this when I put a treat by it..(we just started) then I take him outside to his potty spot......if he acts like he is just wanting to play , I bring him back in and wait a little while and then repeat again.
I have noticed that when I take him out and say potty......99% of the time the word potty makes him start sniffing the ground and he pottys. So that makes me thing he knows what potty is........I want him only to ring the bells for potty.
When I take him outside to play or walk.......I don't get him to ring the bells.....I make him sit and put his leash on........and tell him Let's go , walk or play.
If I ever get him trained to ring the bells for potty , since my house is large I plan to put bells on every outside door.
Kalina........thanks, I have to say, there was times I thought I didn't have a life.......hehe. I'm lucky, I am home all day and have the time to work with him. My son and DIL have his sister and they both work all day......they are using the crate, x-pen and I go over there to check on her and walk her during the day........we celebrated the other day.......they started out using pads to completely cover the floor in the x-pen , she is now down to one pad and uses only that one pad.

Sassy sounds like she is doing great.......good for her.
Spike......I think, and I could be wrong......but any marker word works. Also, if I took Gordon out to potty and he just wanted to play......I brought him back in......wait awhile and then would tell him potty and take him back out.

I take him out with a retrackable leash......he is NEVER aloud out without supervision or his leash.
Since I am training him to walk nice......I use a regular leash. It makes his taining easier for me.

Frick......I would try training with the bells , once they are complete trained with the bells......I would hang a set on a inside door or where I could see them , when you have your earphones on. Don't know if it will work, but I plan on using the bells on other doors, once Gordon is complete trained with the bells.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!