View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
ACTRESS
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Lexi got tested for Liver Shunt - Advice??

Lexi has been acting different lately. She is 24 months & weighs about 4 1/2 lbs. About every month or so she was vomiting like 1 time yellow fluid. I thought maybe it was because she didn't eat or something. She is very playful. I was feeding her Royal Canin for Yorkies. Treats here & there. Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice treats. Sometimes egg whites. In the last month, sometimes she would show signs of not wanting to move from the bed. I would try to pet her & her head goes down or she looks away. Then she wouldn't eat pr drink water. I took her to a a local vet because we had just moved to a new state like 6 months ago. He suggested an ultra-sound. I to her & the results were that her liver was small. No shunt was found. I took her for Bile Acids testing & he stated that the post meal was 39.6 (HIGH) Put her on Lactulose & Hills Science Diet L/D. Vet said Come back in a month for more testing. When I give her Lactulose, she doesn't drink water. Before all the testing, she went on an antibiotic & she wouldn't drink either. Can anyone who has been through this or knows about this help me? Give advice or suggestions?? Lexi is my baby & I don't want her to suffer. What should I do?
ACTRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!