View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
stewartsdsu
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help!! Riley is throwing up and has diareah.

I'm really worried right now. After hearing all the stuff about the recalls, I decided I was gonna start cooking for Riley. He was previously on nutro dry and then I went to Petsmart to get something new and the lady there convinced me to give him Eukanuba for yorkies. I was hesitant but she convinced me. So, two days ago, I decided to stay away from store bought food all together. I made him boiled ground turkey and rice. He loved it but I think I gave him too much as he threw up. I wasn't too concerned and gave him more the next day. That night (last night) he threw up four times in my bed. I made sure he drank some water and he threw that up, too. So this morning I gave him the Eukanuba again. When I got home from work I saw diareah spots on the floor and I think his urine looked darker than normal (but I'm not sure). About an hour ago, he woke up and threw up two more times. Now I'm freaking out. I think it's probably because I've switched his food so much lately. I called the 24-hour vet specialty hospital and told them my situation. They said it's probably from switching the food, but to keep an eye on him and take him to my regular vet in the morning. She said their prices are 3 times more, which I know because I've spent more than $3,000 there as Riley has MVD. I'm gonna take him tomorrow morning, but I kinda feel guilty not going tonight. It's 2 am and about 30 minutes from my house. I'm so worried. Any advise????
stewartsdsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!