Thread: Pixie's Surgery
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #24
Lopsi
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Pixie goes in at 8 am tomorrow. They are insisting on keeping her overnight, but I'm concerned about them "throwing her in a cage and going home." They think she needs to stay there so she can be supervised in case of any problems...

I threw a fit and told them that if she needs to stay and be supervised that she needs to be transferred to a hospital where someone will be there to supervise her. Anyway, I'm sure that I'm causing problems for them, but if they're that concerned about her recovery and possible trachea problems after the tube (she has a collapsing trachea), then we need to make sure they don't show up Wednesday morning and find a dead Pixie. I can just see her having problems and no one being around to take care of her. They'd have a lawsuit for sure. So I'm complicating things and insisting on her being transferred to the hospital for recovery.

I know, I'm just a paranoid Yorkie Mom, but I've lost too much to take chances with my Pixie. I offered to transport her myself... if they choose to transport her, I still intend to at least go visit and make sure she's ok. I'll try to update ya'll tomorrow. She should be coming home Wednesday.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!