Thread: Kennel Cough?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
lucynfred
Senior Yorkie Talker

The trachea collapse has been described as a goose honking kind of noise. My lab mix had kennel cough when I got her. She was a shelter puppy and it's usually rampant there. Anyway, she had very runny noise and every time she tried to breathe she had a deep cough, like human cold cough. Very raspy sounding, couldn't sleep from coughing so much, etc. I think the runny nose might distinguish it from the trachea collapse.

Dean has been doing some of that reverse sneezing, and a lot of times it's when I am trying to take his cat bell collar off or put it on. They have super sensitive necks. When I groom I never touch his neck.

I read this stuff online somewhere ... will try to find site. It gives instructions on how to make them breathe if they can't ... hold nose closed and try to make them swallow by rubbing on neck I think?

Good luck, and if she's got KC, vet can give something to ease cough if it's really persistant (sp?)...and antibiotic.

Found this:

http://www.vetinfo.com/drevsnz.html

The second question covers difference between reverse sneeze and tracheal collapse. If it gets worse, I would see the vet. This author contends the two are separate. Give Ava a kiss. (had her confused with MIA for a second... do you have recent pics of her; how old is she now?)

Last edited by lucynfred; 01-11-2005 at 12:18 PM. Reason: addition
lucynfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!