Thread: Evanger's Food
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #40
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5 View Post
It's good that they sent you samples but do you guys know that this food has bones in their food?? They just soften them by cooking them. it says it on their website "The cooking process softens those recipes with bones - making them edible, safe, wholesome and highly digestible."

There is no way I would ever give my yorkies any food with bones in there, soft or not. I would definitely reconsider it ladies, not a good choice to give small dogs.
Here is a piece from a vet on a dog health website, and his thoughts on cooked bones
Are bones dangerous? That question is uppermost in many people?s mind. "The answer is ?yes, if they are cooked. Dogs are not designed to deal with cooked bones. Cooked bones are harder, more brittle and more splintery than raw bones. They are the ones most likely to be caught in the mouth, to pierce the intestines, to set like concrete in the large bowel, or stick like fish hooks into the rectum. All those events are bad news for dogs. The long and the short of it is?Don't feed cooked bones. They are unnatural and a danger to dogs."

Just thought you guys should know.

Wingaling has bones in it too since it is whole chicken wings. They way it is cooked makes it safe. You can mush the bone with your finger.

We tried the Evangers samples but the 100% meat ones gave Loki bad diarrhea. Sammy was fine. Loki just has a sensitive tummy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!