View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
liquidgirl
YT Addict

Default Ok, another question:

Ok, please don't hate me, but I just want to be upfront with everyone on this site so I can do the best thing for our future puppies.

If you've read my dogster pages, you'll know that Dexter is a rescue. Of course, with rescues there was no registration for him nor could I ever get him registered even though you can tell he's obviously a purebred. With Lily, I got 'scammed' by a breeder from The Greensheet here in Houston,TX. I bought her and was promised her AKC papers, then she never gave them to me after many calls. She kept telling me she was "waiting for them to get to her from AKC." I loved Lily so much I didn't care after a certain point. Then she changed her number and now who knows where she went.

Anyway, as you know, Lily is pregnant which wasn't "planned" nor were we looking to become breeders. We are getting them both 'fixed' after she has puppies. So, now, here I am going to have these little, cute puppies (as long as everything goes ok with her whelping) and they are going to be paperless. I feel really bad that we did this but can't really turn back time now. Since so many of you are such expereinced breeders, I'm looking to you all for advice. I know what we did is majorly frowned upon and again, I'm sorry. But, what's done is done and now here we stand. After reading this site and really seeing how dedicated you breeders are and what goes in to breeding yorkies I feel so ashamed for letting this happen..... But, I guess as with anything you live and learn. Has anyone else had puppies that didn't have papers due to similar circumstances as mine?

From our last vet visit, we think she is going to have 3 puppies. We are pretty much giving one to our mother in law (just charging her vet costs) and we may or may not keep one for ourself. That means I will have one or two left. I'm still looking for a friend or family member first, but if I can't find one then I will have no choice but to try and sell the rest paperless. Do I tell the future buyer that since they are paperless then it is to be a 'pet only' pet no breeding and what's a good price to ask for a non papered puppy? I know it will be pretty cheap, but I don't want to just give it away to someone, plus recouping some of the vet costs will be good. I know my dogs are purebred and I'm also scared to have ppl come over to my house after all these yorkie thief stories, etc. How do you know someone is going to give it a good home??? Anyway, any help will do....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!