View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 AM   #14
katie'smom
Senior Yorkie Talker

I think it is very uncommon that a breeder would not have the papers for the puppy at the time you pick it up. The only reason should be if they just did not file them in time or they were delayed for some reason. I did go through this when I purchased Katie, although there were circumstances to justify it as the woman had acquired the mommy from her aunt and had not gotten the new papers back. It was just a matter of waiting for them to come back and then the aunt to sign off on the puppies. I did take Katie before the papers came but I trusted this woman, as she was in contact with my vet and my son very often. I did get the papers within a couple of weeks. Under normal circumstances I would never take a new pet without the papers. Do you have a contract or anyone as a witness that she told you this? I know it was not right for this to happen but if you are not going to breed then it is still just a piece of paper. I know you will still love your baby just as much as if he had papers.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!