View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

holy man.. lol... good stuff asking all the right questions tho. i can answer a few for you

a puppy should be taken out after a nap, after they play and after they eat.. about 15-20 min... take her out... use a command (we say.. hurry up) and wait... if she goes.>.. HUGE Party.. treats and praise like crazy.. if she doen'st go... bring her back in.. put her in her crate for 5-10 min and go again! we use a bell so Layla just rings it to let us know she needs to go out.

Layla NEVER wears a collar (i dont want her ot get caught on anything) and her harness goes on when we go out!

Layla is a :non barker: we stared from the begining saying AH AH loudly when she barked and we distracted her and it worked... if she starts up i give her a quick reminder and she stops

We took PetSmart training (and are now on to advanced) only because we don't have a PetCo.

i think crate training at night is ESSENTIAL to potty training.. the crate needs to be small and have very little room for her to move around in... she needs to be able to cry to tell you that she has to go out.. so don't give her space to do her buisiness inside the crate.

Nutrical is only for when she hasn't had much to eat because of stress... sickness...

teething is a lot like barking... with layla i'd make a loud "yelp" and then give her a toy to chew on so she knew the difference

*whew!* hope that helps.. can't wait to see your new pup!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!