Thread: opinions please
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
shyorkies
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimhair View Post
I posted about the pointy nose and she was beautiful in person. I di dnot get her . The seller said she weighed 6 1/2 and I brought my scale and she weighed 8#. her tail was docked to long it still had some tan showing. He said his kids did not want him to sell her any way.
Ok next a puppy male AKC $650 weighing 2# at 8 weeks. I looked at the growth chart he should between 4.5 -5# is that an accurate guess. the seller said both parent's were 4#. She was asking 800 but said she would take 650 for good home and she is going out of town. Help I am obessed with finding the right one. Plus there were only 2 pups in this litter does that have anything to do with how big they will get? Just starting out to breed do you get a male first or the female or just a male for stud. I am clueless so pleaase don't be ruthless I respect your wisdom. TIA
I personally never worry about one of my females being over weight! I would take a 7 lb female anyday over a 4-5 lb female.. If the little boy is weighing 2 lbs at 8 weeks old his estimated adult weight would be 6 lbs, give or take 1/2 lb.. You take their weight times 3 at 8 weeks old and times 2 at twelve weeks old.. I think it is VERY important to look at the pedigree of the parents.. The pedigree will tell you alot about their off spring! Usually the male is the stronger gene thrower also!
shyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!