View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #47
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Looks like is hair on the ears is sparse. The rest of his body has decent hair and you might be one of thelucky ones and get a baby without the full compliment of alopecia chromosomes.. My experience is that the hair starts to all out-sorta like shedding on the ears and hips. Then the body coat starts to break off at about and inch or less and will ever lengthen. The tan or gold though will grow as normal coat but might be a little bit sparser. We have already talked about Melatonin...I don't know if it will help but it will not hurt. Another thing I would do is add a capsule of Flax seed oil to his food daily. It as the omega oils in it and doesn't smell as bad as fish oils. Use a good skin conditioner on areas that are etting sparse and apply a high SPF baby sunscreen. I feel it is safer if it is okay for hooman younguns. Sometimes there are other skin problems-take care of them if they happen. You will not be able to anticipate every problem he will face. Internal organs can be wonky and it mght not show til he is older.I have seen 2 with hypothyroidism..They were fat a piggies. Also, had calcium deficiencies (Boy, that little bit of info cost me severalhundred dollars having a fracture repaired) I believe I have posted her pic somewhere on here. Her name is Jillian and you can see how tight her harness is...She is out-growing it.
Okay, now tell us about that little hunk of a son you have. I told you, I will take him and pay shipping and he won't even need a rabies shot.. Tell him to keep those sunsets and rainbows coming our way.

Hope this answered some of your questions.
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!