View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #55
bornnygurl
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
i'm glad you mentioned the AAFCO. I was discussing the food recall with one of the vets i work with during the week and he said that there really is no firm regulation on making dog food. He did say however, that when looking for foods once you find one that has the ingredients you want in it check the bag of the bag to see if it says "Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that "food name" provides complete and balanced nutrition for the maintenance of "adult/puppy/senior/whatever age" dogs.

that is what you ultimately want to look for. make sure that the food has actually been thru a feeding test. Some companies will just throw some stuff together and put it in a bag without testing to see if dogs will eat it or without testign its nutritional breakdown chemically.

Yes, that is exactly what I found in my studies. I wouldn't dare buy food that does not meet the AAFCO requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
Layla eats the GO wet food.. it's great stuff isn't it!! she just LOVES her breakfast
I just love what the hard food is doing for my girls. It was soo hard to find! I think because it's from Canada. I only found one direct online store that sells it.
bornnygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!