View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
carsonsmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help! I'm panicking over sick Yorkie!

This morning after several visits to the vet, the clinic kept Carson. He's refused food and water since Wed (Wed. is the first day I called the vet--they told me to watch him--I took him in the next day). He was vomiting a little bit on Wed. but was listless and not himself. On Thursday, he had a little watery stool but no fever. The vet found hookworms in his stool and sent me home with wormer and something to settle his stomach. I gave him the wormer and the medicine for his stomach, and he vomited. I waited until evening to give him the second dose of medicine for his stomach--he vomited again after 45 minutes. This time he continued to vomit and have dry heaves all night--also brown, watery diarrhea that smells He is now on IV's, antibiotics, and meds to stop vomiting. I saw a website advertising something called Parvaid that is an herbal remedy that supposed to help dogs--although we don't know for sure that it's parvo. Has anyone had experience with Parvo, Parvaid, or a dog that was sick like this one? Thanks for any help/encouragement you can give.
carsonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!