View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
PBISSIAS
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad S&V Quality Pups in Brooklyn

Hi everyone,

I went to S&V Quality Pups and fell in love with an 11 week old female maltese. Although I was not super keen on the location of store itself when I walked in, a couple who had purchased her terrier there (Benny who is now 2) was very happy with the place and came back to get her dog a playmate. This gave me a sense of comfort, although as I read the one comment her about a woman who bought 3 dogs and all had/have health problems, I am starting to worry. I put a $200 deposit to hold the dog because I will be out of town for the next few days and am now torn as to what to do. I did not deal with an Ivan there but someone by the name of Vincent. Can anyone offer some sound advice on how I should proceed? I already am attached to the puppy but certainly want to protect myself from being scammed if this place is selling dogs which are not healthy. I have a DRA # which I still am unsure how to check online since the website does not give me that option and yet it seems that anyone can register the dog on DRA and the process is not very strict or thorough which is causing me even more anxiety. The breeder deals with two different vets that he recommended me to bring within 10 days of picking her up which will be free but I am thinking I would bring her to an inbiased vet which I used for my cat before she passed away. Do I have any recourse for the deposit? Is there anything else I can use to check up on these guys? I am very worried about this now yet I am even more worried about the puppy and I have already grown attached. Anyone?
PBISSIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!