View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
set1958
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Vaccination Reaction!!!!!!

FYI

My 7 year old Yorkie received Fort Dodge's Duramune Max 5 and Merial's 3 year Rabies vaccine. Approximately 3-4 hours after the shots, he could not put weight on his right rear leg. I called the vet and at that time we both thought he had injured his leg. Five minutes later he was panting rapidly and laying on his side. I called the vet and met him at the clinic. When we arrived he could fell pain in his paws, but could not stand up. They gave him steroids and an antihistamine. The vet spoke with a toxicologist and the vaccine manufacturer. None had ever seen or heard of this reaction. Shortly after the meds, Spunky was walking but still had some cramping up in his rear legs. I drove him to the emergency vet in another city and he did fine during the night. Both vets agreed that they thought it was a severe vaccine reaction. I think it was the 3 year rabies. Anyone else had vaccine reactions like this one. He had no swelling that is typical. Spunky is fine now, however, I would like to find out which vaccine caused this reaction. A few more minutes and he would have been dead. Thanks, Susan
set1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!