View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I copied all your helpful advice. I will keep it on hand. Looks like I might be getting some small ones. The last litter looks like none of them will reach 4#. Joy's Jewelina is one of them and there were 3 girls and one boy in that litter. Then I have Jewel and now Lily. Jewel and Jewelina are Autumn's daughters from different litters. Autumn is Amber's mother and Amber is Lily's mother.

I know I've been sick but this constant worry about her is just plain wearing me out. I want to take her to bed with me but she's so small I'm afraid I wouldn't feel her if I rolled over on her. I want to get a little plastic shoe box type of thing to put by my bed so I can hear her and check on her thru the night but I hate to take her away from her brothers. They are so protective of her. It's like they know she's not alright.

I took her to the vet but our usual vet had already left so we saw his "partner" I guess you'd call her. She may be doing her intership or something. Anyways they said she looks good but that they were recommending that we take her to the ER vet. We just signed papers on this house and don't have the money to spend on an overnight stay with the ER vet. She said all they would do is monitor her blood sugar and give her what she needed or a shot if her sugar was too high. I told her about our situation and she frowned but said we could do it but it would be harder for us to gage how she was feeling cause the ER vet would draw blood. Hmmm. The vet said she's not dehydrated and she looks good. It cost us almost $50 just to learn that much from a regular vet.

I fixed dinner and gave her little bites of the meat. It's the first thing I KNOW for a fact that she's eaten today. I told Glenn if she will eat that, I will cook for her everyday until she's better. She was out prowling the floor and playing gently with her mom. The boys were in the xpen so they couldn't rowdy her up. I didn't give her enough to fill her little tummy, I didn't want her to gulp it and then throw it up. We have a piece of the meat from dinner left and I will feed her some every couple of hours and see how she tollerates it.

She's back in bed and sleeping with her brothers now. She seems to be feeling better. Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!