View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
USMARINEWIFE
YT Addict

Cry My best friends husband is going to Iraq

Well, my best friend Ashley, is married to a Navy sailor. Their stationed at Camp Pendleton. He's a medic for the Navy. Well she JUST called me and told me that he found out today that he's leaving in August to go to Iraq. I started crying as soon as she told me. He hasn't been deployed yet. He's only been in the military a month less than my husband has.. my husband joined the Marines in December of 2002, and he joined the Navy in November of 2002. Ashley is all by herself there. She doesn't know anyone. All of her family live in northern CA about 7 hours away. She won't be able to go visit them or stay with them while he's gone, because she's about to start college. I feel so bad for her. My husband hasn't been deployed yet, so I don't know what she will be going through. I told her that Chris and I would go visit her EVERY weekend that we can, and that she's more than welcome to come stay with us for a weekend or whenever she wants. I am so scared for her. Since her and I have been friends for a very long time it's as if my husband was going, because I am upset for her and with her about this.
Just wanted to share with you all. My husbands dad is still in Iraq... 30 miles away from Bagdad. It's so hard when you have people you know and love over there. My husband will probably have to be deployed sometime soon also. Most of the guys he works with have already went, or are just coming back. I am just really upset right now. She wasn't crying or anything when she called me, she said she is still in shock, and it probably won't hit her until he leaves. I am just happy that her and him are coming to visit us for 4th of July weekend, that way we can spend some time with him before he goes too.

Could you all just please pray for him, and pray that he will be safe and come home okay. Thank you!

Proud US Marine wife & future Yorkie mommy
USMARINEWIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!