View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5 View Post
I pick him up at like 2pm on tuesday. His flight arrives at 145. I am taking him straight to the vet from there, then going home. So I should be home by 5 at the latest. I figured I could monitor them the first day and see if they do well together. I feel like it would be mean to seperate them by the gate and then what if they start crying for each other The puppy is 5 months old and 3 lbs so I don't think he'll have a low blood sugar issue but I just don't want Coco eatting puppy food. I think he's probably ok eating adult food, but I could be wrong, What should I do about the food if I keep them together?
Nobie, when I brought Cali home both Codie and Tia were on adult food but Cali HAD to stay on baby food. I spoke to my vet before I brought her home and he said I could put all 3 pups on baby food (since neither Codie or Tia were overweight) and that it wouldn't harm them. Besides, they won't be on baby food forever ... just until Cali turns 1 year old.

They are still all on puppy food (because Cali be 1 year old until May) and they have not gained an ounce. They're in excellent shape and health. So maybe you should take to Coco's vet and see what he/she has to say about it.

But I dunno about keeping them apart. You know how Coco is. She's going to cry her little eyes out and she may even do some spite work (pee pee where she's not supposed to and chew on your carpet). That's what Codie and Tia did when I first brought Cali home and tried to keep them apart -- which barely lasted a few days. It was so much easier to keep them all together (even though potty training was an issue) because it helped them bond right away.

Don't worry about anything Nobie. EVERYTHING will work out wonderfully. I'm so excited for you and Coco bear!! Once Rocco gets settled in, you have to bring him here to visit his Auntie!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!