View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
JESSY_RN2B
Owned by 3 furballs
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyinca View Post
OK, I tried the raw thing, and while Chloe seemed to like it a bit, I just decided this was not for me. So even though she is picky and puts her nose up at it, we're doing the tough-love thing until she decides to eat and I've decided it will be Canidae.

She seems to have a hard time with these kibbles. She used to eat Royal Canin puppy 33, which are very small, flat. Basically, I think she mostly swallowed them without chewing.

So now on the Canidae, she grazed all day, only eating a few kibbles here and there, and it seemed she had lots of trouble chewing them. I think because it was so easy to swallow the other things, that she doesn't really know about chewing food too much. That would explain why she doesn't do well with dog biscuits and such.

So after most of the day went by and she at no more than a tablespoon, I decided to soften them in some warm water. She wolfed them down after that.

So I'm wondering those of you that feed Canidae, did your yorkie have trouble with the kibble size ever?

Chloe is 5.5 months old, and I guess I just want reassurance that other yorkies her age can handle the kibble size, which even though it is small, is much larger than Royal Canin or Chicken soup puppy.

Bobbi has no trouble with the kibble size. I wouldn't soften them because it defeats the purpose of eating dry kibble (good for teeth). Keep pounding them and feed canned until she finished teething?

Join today and remove this ad!