Thread: Chewing
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
Timmy
Mimi & Gabby too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepooh_1 View Post
I know there are some people who will disagree with me...but Tia loves her liver flavoured Nylabone. It's important that you buy the FLEXIBLE nylabone for puppies who are teething, and only get the non-flexible type if your Yorkie has adult teeth. Also, I don't let her chew on it without supervision (I never leave it in her crate with her) and I always look it over for any pieces that are coming off (I jsut snip them with my finger nails or a pair of scissors). I think if you are careful about it, you'll find that teh Nylabone will keep her busy enough for you to watch a show on TV without interruption!

I give mine nylabone too and they love it. I supervise my as well and when I notice its getting small I throw it away.

I know Pig ears aren't great either but my Mimi does cart wheels for them She is a big time chewer and will be 1 yr old this month and is still a chewer. She's chewed my rug, walls, dining room chairs (legs), shoes, her daddy's tools, cords, gameboy, game cube and everything else you leave in site. I also used bitter apple which worked but after a while it didn't work anymore. I tried bully sticks (which is good for them) and she just sniffs it and walks away. Pig ears are her thing and that keeps her busy for hours. I give her one pig ear a week. Timmy is not a chewer and he could care less for chew things, he loves his toys though.
Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!