View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
drawlins27
Mommy's Lil' Miracle
Donating Member

Default Help with tiny puppy

Hi guys, I have a problem and someone suggested that some of you may be able to help me.

Lily is a ten week old puppy who only weighs 0.8 oz. She came to me two weeks ago having been in a situation where she was taken from her mother too early and wasn't being given enough to eat and was extremely malnourished. She also has a large open fontanel which will never completely close. At this time she is not showing signs of hydrocephalus but it is a possibility with her small size.

She is the pickiest eater I've ever dealt with and often has to be fed with a syringe. We feed her 2 cc's every two hours and give her nutri-cal ever hour. I have tried every type of dog food there is and even tried the recipe posted on here with the half and half, rice cereal, Karo, and baby food. She just isn't interested in food.

I have alot of experience with raising Yorkies but never one this small. My goal is to get her to at least 2lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to put some weight on her? Does anyone have any experience with a puppy this small?

I'm grateful for any suggestions.

(The first two pictures are Lily at 8 weeks and the last one is Lily at 10 weeks with her little teddy bear)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lily-Bug.jpg (26.5 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg Lily-Bug2.jpg (72.0 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg Lily&Teddy3.jpg (51.3 KB, 335 views)
drawlins27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!