View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #35
tw4sw
YT Addict

Smile Training Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyIsHisName
well my schedule really doesn't warnt what you said. I'm not here enough for him to be walked outside. I only put him in his cage when I go to school which usually is around 4-5 hours and if i go out after school then its longer. I"m not home all day with him so its hard. I tried the walking thing he does nothing. He was doing so good with the wee wee pads when I first got him but not anymore. I am going to another store tomorrow to get his food and see if they have that stuff where you put outside to help them. UGH he just peed on the rug again damn it! I put him in his cage even though I just got home but i've had it!
Since his experience has been to pee/poop in a cage in the pet shop for 6 months, maybe using wee wee pads isn't the best way to go. My Kirby ( a rat terrier) at 8 weeks would chew up his wee wee pads too. I however got hime from a breeder but still. My suggestion is to train him to go outside. There is a thread in the training forum talking about a really good book by the author Job Michael Evans (hope I got that name right) that is highly recommended. You can purchase the book on Ebay or Half.com for really cheap. Don't give up on him though. It just takes time. Even though I have not gotten my yorkie yet, I can tell you about my experiences with Kirby. It took a little while for him to catch on (he had a lot of accidents in the house first) but I perservered, cleaned up the mess and kept on trucking. Good luck and I hope you decide to keep him. This potty training mess will be over in time and hopefully you can look back on this with a smile. The years you spend loving on your Yorkie can't compare to a short time span of maybe 6-12 months of a little potty training aggravation. You can do this, take a deep breath, give him a kiss and hug and determine to do it better the next time, then again and again....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!