View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

Just to add everyone have different opinions when it comes to feeding. Some will prefer to feed raw, just kibble which is okay but be sure to feed premium kibble, etc... It realy depends on your level of comfort. I was feeding 100% kibbles before but I had to add some chicken soup to make him eat it because it is a little more tasty to him when its a little wet and not as thirsty when he finish eating it and I wasn't comfortable with my dog being so thirsty after each meal and having to digest very dry food for each meal. As for their teeth, I brush his teeth every day so it isn't a problem. Then there is the thought that kibbles are baked at a high temperature and some of the nutrients provided by fresh food might have been lost and I wasn't comfortable with that. I did try raw but I can't do it plus he doesn't like it and after lots of reading, I have decided home cooking plus kibble is the best for me. At the end, it is really up to you to decide what is best for your dog and whether your yorkie likes it or not. The best food will not be good if he/she doesn't eat it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!