View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

I have been thinking and reading a lot about this topic (the best food for my baby yorkie) for the last few months and I came up with my own food plan for my yorkie. He used to eat well sometimes and doesn't eat well at other times and tend to be picky but now, he is more stable. He usually finish his food. After giving it lots of thoughts and reading, fresh cooked human grade food can be very good and nourishing for them if you know what you are doing and the ingredients are safe for them. There is nothing wrong with feeding them good human grade cooked food. I still feed him part premium kibble (Canidae) because of all the nutrition balancing factor. I used to feed baby food at one point (with no onion in the ingredient) but its probably cheaper if you cook your own and more tasty too. I now feed 1/3 canidae kibble, 1/3 fresh baked dog food (www.caninecuisine.com) and 1/3 fresh cooked such as a mixture of boiled chicken breast, once a week of hardboiled egg or scramble egg without oil, some veggie such as grated raw carrots, boiled green peas, boiled broccoli etc, one teaspoon of full milk yogurt once a day, some low fat cottage cheese, and I add some fruits when I do buy them for my family or I just give fruits as snack. He loves banana, apple, some orange, mango, blueberry. I hope it helps. If I need to board him for vacation, I cook up a bunch and freeze them in small containers and thaw them for each meal. It can last for 3-4 weeks. When I see him gulping down his food instead of just picking, it makes all the effort worth it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!