View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
bsabbot
Senior Yorkie Talker

alright, you guys, I need your help. I have two-and thy still dont like each other very mch. I have a two yr old yorkie -who acts more like she is 11 or 12-old haggy-kind of attitude (doesnt want to play much with the puppy) and I got her a friend, for xmas. Our new puppy is 5 mo's old now, we got her at 8 weeks... it has been hectic at the least...
The new puppy was pretty mean to the older dog and rought and just tackling her, peeing on her head (didnt know females did this) and popping and peeing on all the toys.... I have been since been able to curb some of this behavior, but a lot of it comes from my older dog just not wanting to have anything to do with the new one it breaks my heart b/c I wonder if thy will ever love ea. other. my daugther sees the puppy antagonizing the older one and she really has been starting to not like the puppy so much anymore.... anywyas, I've asked this before but here i am 3 months later asking again.... how long did it take you guys for your dogs to love ea. other and not just be "at it" all the time. I have been separating them a LOT which is hard... i want them to spend time w/me, which means I am dividing my time and usually put the older dog w/my daughter when I'm spending time w/the puppy.... I just hoped by now, they would be getting a long better. The scabs on my older dog's head are finallly starting to go away (she dosnt fend for herself when the puppy is rough-housing her either)
oh well, I thoght you guys might have some tips or ideas or maybe would be able to tell me how long your two's or three's took to realy bond w/one-another
----i am all about 3 ---but...............
bsabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!