View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
zoe123
Yorkie Talker

Default cat stalking yorkie

I have a 13 wk Yorkie (Dylan) a 7 year old Doberman (Jericho) and a 5 year old cat. Jericho was purchased first and he and the cat get along great. I bought Dylan a week and ? ago. Jericho gets along with Dylan as long as I keep the Dylan away while he is chewing bones or playing with his Kong. My cat stayed hidden for two days, but now she is hunting Dylan. Last night while taking Dylan outside a neighborhood lab came onto my front porch and scared him. I opened my door and the lab tried to walk in my house, but was stopped by Jericho who came out and chased it out of the yard. I went inside and sat on a chair to calm Dylan down. My cat came out of nowhere and attacked us both she chased me and attacked my leg causing 12 different wounds from her claws and teeth. I am not sure the attack is related to the strange lab poking its nose in my door. I am worried that she will do serious damage to Dylan if she is given the chance. She hasn?t attacked me again, but she is still stalking Dylan. Before the attack I was always watching Dylan and picking him up if she looked like she was going to attack, but now I keep her locked in the basement when Dylan is out of his crate b/c I fear she will attack me again. Please let me know if anyone has advice on what to do with my cat?
zoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!