View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 02:47 AM   #6
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Sits and looks at you? Higgins doesn't sit still for a minute! In fact, I think he must have ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). But you guys have inspired me to begin SOME kind of training with him........

Does the trainer use the harness? I've always done the collar for training, but Sir Higgin's trachea is much to delicate for that, I think. I just got a new bag of Solid Gold Lamb Jerky so I think I will reserve those treats for training......both dogs will do just about ANYTHING for one of those. If you haven't tried 'em, get some in a health food store or vets or really good pet store. The holistic vet in Florida prescibed them for Higgins instead of Nutrical. She said it was much healthier for him, since Nutrical is mainly sugar, and that the jerky treats were like an energy/protein bar that a human would eat. Even though they are only about 1" square, we break 'em up into about 4 pieces. I usually keep some in a plastic bag in the care just in case we get delayed somewhere and his din-din is going to be late, or if he is getting a lot of exercise and needs a mid-day pickmeup.
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!