View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 AM   #6
HisNameIsHarley
YT 1000 Club Member

It's just lucky that I'm a part of such a wonderful organization where we were able to find her a great home. If anyone was ever inerested here is the NHES.org (The National Humane Education Society) website and the BAACS.org (Briggs Animal Adoption Center in Charles Town where I work) website our the PPASNY.org (Peace Plantation in New York).

Many months before Ryoko, I was also able to save a small orange tabby kitten I later named George, off the side of a busy back road at a blind curve (of all places) where he had obviously just been tossed out of a car. He was sprawled on the road, looking totally dazed, screaming and what really gave it away was it was pouring rain but he was totally dry.. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. But all I had to do was stop my car, open my door and call 'kitty kitty kitty' and that little fuzzy shot like a rocket into my car and onto my boyfriends lap. (he could have killed me) He was such a wonderful cat that he barely made it out of Iso and was in the transition room when he was competed for by 3 familys and one of our donators. George was our fasted cat adoption in the entire history of Briggs Animal Adoption Center. (we opened in 2000) He is now a HUGE orange tabby tom cat and owns a big house, a mom, a dad and a handful of kids. God sure works in mysterious ways and with these fuzzies I know it was meant to be for them. And it was a win win situation for us both. They got a new shot at a better life and I in turn was given a purpose and the reward of getting to see them in loving homes.

*sigh* I appologize in advance for the male nudity in the pictures w/ George.. Sorry, we were on our way home from kayaking.. *sigh*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Will and George.jpg (40.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Will and George2.jpg (45.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Will and George3.jpg (47.3 KB, 4 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!